Thursday, May 03, 2007

Q/A With Moi

Today's post is brought to you by the fabulous Sara Hantz, whose first book, THE SECOND VIRGINITY OF SUZY GREEN, will be published this fall. I remember reading about her deal on Publishers Marketplace - here's what it said: Sara Hantz's debut THE SECOND VIRGINITY OF SUZY GREEN, about a girl who joins a virginity club in her new town to try to make a new start, to Andrew Karre at Flux, by Sara Crowe at Harvey Klinger (world) - and thinking that it sounded like a hilarious concept. So I, for one, am looking forward to it!

Anyhoo, Sara was kind enough to ask me to do a Q/A for her blog a while back, so head over there to check out my thoughts on the agent hunt, having faith in your work, and how to become a better writer.

http://sarahantz.com/blog/

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Patti said...

I am in the midst of trying to find an agent, and am wondering if you went thru any agent site to find the agents to submit your work to, or did you do the research on your own?

nice q and a.

Trish Ryan said...

What a good interview! I especially agree with what you said about how we need to keep writing, and not get attached to what we already have down. I'm reworking the entire first half of my book because while my editor and I both agree that it's good, the second half is better. So many of my beloved paragraphs are being moved to an "unused material" file, but the book is so much better for it. Painful, but true :)

Thanks for the ongoing supply of wise advice!

Sara Hantz said...

Thanks so much for the heads up on my book Allison. And for agreeing to be interviewed!

Patti, I found one of the best sites when narrowing down my search was www.agentquery.com as it gave a comprehensive list of agents and what they were looking for. I also googled agents, looked at their websites, asked on various loops and checked out Preditors & Editors for other info.

Patti said...

sara...thanks for the info. i am checking into many avenues as i narrow my search, and i will add these to the list.