Friday, October 05, 2007

Here's the Deal

And I mean that literally! From Publishers Marketplace:

Allison Winn Scotch's TIME OF MY LIFE, pitched as Sliding Doors meets The Family Man in which a 35-year old with a seemingly pitch-perfect life is haunted by her "what ifs," and wakes up one morning to discover herself seven years in the past and granted with the chance to meet the mother who abandoned her, pursue the career she left behind, chase down the man she could have married, and answer all of her lingering doubts, to Sally Kim at Shaye Areheart Books, in a pre-empt, by Elisabeth Weed at Weed Literary.

Yahoo!

(And can anyone please explain to me why blogger is only publishing half of a picture - per the below post? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong and want to fix it!)

9 comments:

Patti said...

love the premise...can't wait to read it.

Trish Ryan said...

Ooooo....this sounds so good! I LOVED the movie "Sliding Doors," and I think your story will really hit a sweet spot because there are so many people out there haunted by the what ifs.

Please hurry. Please finish soon. Please send me a copy :)

Larramie said...

Ditto Trish's comment and isn't there a wee bit of The Time Traveler's Wife in there? ;)

Carleen Brice said...

Sliding Doors is one of my fave movies, so I look forward to this book. The premise is something I've thought about a lot in my life, but I always come back to the idea I wouldn't change anything because I wouldn't be who I am now. Eager to see what your protag comes up with!

Cindy said...

Sounds great! I cant wait to read it. Way to go Allison!

xoxo
Cindy

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Hey, congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Allison: I am sure this isn't the place to leave this request but I can't find another more appropriate spot. My name is Jerry O'Brien and I am starting a literary journal called O'Brien's Literary Speculator. It is a non-profit that will pay a small honorarium for one time right to publish works up to 7,000 words and one time right to include works with additional honorarium in any anthology we should create. We are looking for writers with little or no publishing record. I would like to do a reciprocal link with your blog and when our web site is complete by the end of this month a reciprocal link from the web site

I thank you for your time and consideration of this proposal. Sorry about posting in the wrong spot.

Best regards,

Jerry O'Brien

xxxx said...

That is great news! Congratulations!

Sara Hantz said...

I saw this on PM. What a fabulous premise! I can't wait to read it.