So...many moons ago, I got tagged by Manic Mommy, which means that I have to spill five sordid details about my life, things that you guys would otherwise not know. So, she asked, I'm answering!
And while I'm sharing, check out Larramie's blog for today, where she kindly discusses moi. I'm so, so flattered! But check out her blog anyway because she's a smart, fun writer with savvy things to say about the world and pop culture.
1) Many people have seen me nekkid. Okay, get your minds out of the gutter, you pervs. No, I'm not a big old ho-bag. What I'm actually referring to is that in college, back when I was active in a lot of theater productions, I appeared in Hair, and yes, we did the nude scene. Wow, let me tell you, there is nothing so terrifying as stripping down and walking on stage in front of hundreds of people whom you would see the next day in class or at a fraternity party. Do note that I opted to skip the scene the night that my parents and brother attended. TMI, indeed.
2) I'm a picker. Not my skin, rather my food. I have some weird eating habits that my husband has come to mock over the years. Case in point: I only like the crusts of rolls, so weed out the insides and place them on his bread plate. I buy pints of Ben N Jerry's Half-Baked Frozen Yogurt, then spoon the actual ice cream onto the lid or down the drain or to my dog, while pretty much eating only the cookie dough chunks or brownie bits. (I know - why not just eat a cookie or brownie? I dunno.) I adore pizza, but cheese makes me sick, so I'll pick off almost all of the cheese and leave it sitting in a congealed mound on my plate. (Yes, it's pretty gross.) I also love raw oatmeal. I know, seriously, what's wrong with me?
3) I dated a celebrity. Ha! That got your interest, right? Okay, he's really more of a B-lister, but still, it's sort of a fun thing to spill. Truth be told, he was a very good friend for many years, and I had no idea that he was interested, probably because he was SO different from my type and it never occurred to me to entertain anything romantic. Anyhoo, long story short, he finally wooed me and things went sour. No hard feelings here (really - we were friendly for a long time afterward and then just drifted out of touch), though my husband mocks me endlessly for it. (And no, I shan't reveal said celeb's name! I don't smooch and tell. But I will say that he has a new show that's debuting this month on a major network. So there's a clue.)
4) What do Angelina Jolie, Madonna and I all have in common? Yes, I am the adoptive mother of an African child! Okay, well, not as literally as them, but I was so inspired by that One concert (I can't remember the official name) a few years ago that I went all Sally Struthers and adopted a boy named Duncan (yes, really!) in Uganda. I send him occasional letters and toys and presents, and I like to think that my $20 a month is helping him in some small way. (And yes, my husband also laughs at me for this one too.) I adopted him through PlanUSA, a very reputable charity, if anyone is interested.
5) Ricky Schroeder was my first celebrity crush. Thereby setting off a looooong string of celebrity crushes. Seriously, I remember fawning over his picture in Dynamite magazine and putting up "The Ricker" in my fifth grade locker. Other celebrity crushes over the years have included, but certainly aren't limited to: Tom Cruise (pre-crazy, pre-gay, during his Top Gun phase...I know, I know, I'm ashamed to even admit it, but 'fess up, you had a crush on him too), Kevin Costner (during his Untouchables through No Way Out period), Ethan Hawke (ew, I know, but it was during the whole Reality Bites slacker-chic era), Scott Wolf (Party of Five did it for me), Michael Vartan, Scott Speedman, Hugh Grant, a certain Office actor (ahem, I believe that I've mentioned him a time or two before), and I'm adding a new one as of this weekend: Leonardo DiCaprio. I just saw The Departed and holy sexiness, I'm on that train!
So...who were your celebrity crushes? Anything else you want to share, now that I've done my own spilling?